For an interesting client in Copenhagen working within the science field, we are looking for skilled Python developers with extensive backend experience with Unix/Linux, database systems, relational (PostgreSQL/MySQL), data platforms (hadoop, Spark etc.), BASH scripting and GO. It is also an advantage if you have worked with high performance computing clusters and automation of these.
- Software development and scripting within Python, GO, Bash and compiled low level languages
- Use git or other distributed version control systems
- Write tests against your own code
- Document and comment your code sensibly
- Can communicate effectively within teams and work independently when needed
Workload: 100 %
Duration: Approx. 6 months
Language: Danish & English
- Fluency and practical experience in Go and Python 3.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL or other relational database systems.
- Experience building applications using Docker and deploying to Kubernetes clusters.
- Working knowledge of the HTTP protocol.
- Practical knowledge of working in UNIX/Linux systems.
- Practical knowledge of working with the git version control system.
- Familiarity with modern development processes: code review, CI/CD, etc.
- Effective technical communication skills
- Ability to collaborate within an existing team or independently when needed.
It would be a plus if you have:
- Practical experience working with gRPC.
- Practical experience working with non-relational database systems and/or large-scale data platforms (Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Practical experience working with message queues such as RabbitMQ.
- Experience with languages other than Go and Python.
- Familiarity with next-generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis.
- Open source contributions.
Are you interested?
The send your resume immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org